Viral marketing is a marketing strategy using social networks in order to promote their brand. It can be word-of-mouth delivered or enhanced by the network effects of the Internet.” It is natural for people to talk to others about any product or service that they find interesting. A viral marketing campaign that manages to get a toehold into a major social network has the potential to deliver its message to millions of people in matter of days.
Simple But Overlooked Viral Marketing Tips
1. Adding to Favourites - If you are trying to promote a website, an “add to favorites” or “bookmark us” link is an absolute must. Generating traffic to your site is one thing, but creating “repeat” visitors is even more important. A visitor who has your site in his bookmarks is more likely to return to your website. You can make use of the addthis tool bar provided by addthis.com.
2. Tell a Friend Link - This is another easy way to spread the word about your website. The first impulse of a visitor, who finds your site interesting, is probably to tell a friend. It is important to take capitalize on this impulse right away. Left to his own devices, the visitor might never get around to sending that crucial email to his friend.
3. Del.icio.us - This is a variation of the “add to favorites” link. In the modern social networking era, this can be even more effective than getting a visitor to bookmark you site. After all, who uses browser bookmarks these days anyway?
4. Facebook - Taking advantage of the huge popularity of Face book is a no-brainer. More and more people are using Facebook to socialize and share information. A link to your site on a Facebook profile can be an easy way to generate tons of traffic.
5. Social Media Mania - Apart from the methods listed above, keep in mind that when it comes to marketing your site, social networking is your best friend. There are dozens of other social networks that you can take advantage of as well. Just make sure that you do not clutter up your sites with too many social networking links – that is just annoying to visitors.
6. Giveaways - Everyone loves free things. Free makes everyone happy. I could delve into the exhaustive scientific studies that attest to these statements, but really, there is no need for it. The giveaway model always works, it works off the Internet, it works equally well on it too. You can offer ebooks or Internet tools etc.
7. Videos – Viral YouTube Create a really cool video about your business and upload it on YouTube, MetaCafe etc and also to your site. You just need to take a look at the most popular viral marketing examples till-date to see the importance of this exhortation. Videos are very viral-friendly, so using them as a medium can almost guarantee you viral success.